Dairy-free Pumpkin Seed Toffee Recipe12 Oct 2016, by Healthy Recipes in
An ideal gift or pantry sweet, and a dairy-free confection to boot!
Makes 30-35 servings.
- 2 cups of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1/8 t. of salt
- 1 t. of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp of Cacao Butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans/walnuts/almonds
Cooking: 15 minutes
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment or wax paper then set aside.
In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat, heat the coconut oil, maple syrup, salt and vanilla, and cacao butter stirring well.
- Bring the mixture to a smooth even texture until the add the cocoa mixture is dark amber in color. Pour the mixture onto the prepared sheet.
- Once chocolate has melted, use a large, flat spatula to spread the chocolate in a smooth, even layer. Sprinkle the nuts or Pumpkin seeds evenly onto the chocolate and refrigerate until set
Break into pieces. Toffee will store in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks.